Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Is it actually Spring??

So here is the funny thing. The weather man announced that it was spring a few weeks ago except the weather here is getting colder and colder. We have had 2 snow falls in a week. I am so sick of this cold dreary weather. I told Chris last week that I was going to book airline tickets to Florida for the girls and I. I have a flights booked for the three of us to my parents house leaving the 21st.

The girls have spring break this week but we have company coming for Easter weekend so that was not a good time to go. Our house guest asked months ago is they could come for a visit and I am not one to say no to family. I knew moving to the Chicago area was going to be hard but this has really been a brutal winter. Here it is April 7th and it was only 37' outside. Enough is enough.

As I said company is coming for the weekend, then they leave Monday and my FIL comes Wednesday for 6 days. Then then following Tuesday he leaves and that same day the girls and I fly south. They have a short school week so I thought it would be a good time to go. Lindsey is upset with me because I am making her miss a day and a half of school. When I was a kid if I had the chance to go on a trip I jumped on it.


Backing up in time.......

We just returned from a trip to Wisconsin Dells, WI. It was a nice vacation spot to go to if you like water parks. It is the water park capitol. There are not only a million outside water parks but a lot of the hotels have indoor theme parks as well. We had a fun 3 days with the girls we stayed at a hotel called Mt. Olympus. It had an inside theme pars ad water park. I really feel bad for the Dells right now because th whole area was dead. I know it's April but the poor servers in the restaurants were making no money. I am sure they make a fortune in tips during the summer season.

The girls are good. Emily starts gymnastics next Monday and they both start soccer soon. Chris is busy registering for college. I am putting a fire under his but to finish his degree. Realistically he can retire in 2 years and be in the real world. I am trying to decide what to do with my life. I might go to school and finish my degree in teaching or maybe go to nursing school. It is my dream to work in a newborn nursery and I can do that with my CNA which is a short class. Either way after June 10th I will be un-employed for the summer and a full time Mommy again. So many things to decide on. I love my current job at the girls school but working 8-11:30 3 days a week is not putting any money in saving for the future, college or anything. I am going to have to pray for a miracle.

No comments: