Monday, March 16, 2009

Another year older!


Well this post is about a week over due but my Emily turned 7! Yes as I like to say "she made 7!!"Things have been a bit rough with her attitude lately and Chris and I are working very hard along with her teachers at school to get her under control. I have decided to take television away from her unless it is something I say she can watch or it is a program we watch together. It Dawned on me that when Lindsey was her age she was not watching Hannah Montana and Wizards of Waverly Place not to mention I-Carley. These shows are good and all however I am thinking that Emily is trying too hard to act like the characters on the shows. I have on more then one occasion heard her say things that Zack & Cody would say from there show. I am done with the attitude. She is not happy with the decision about her selective TV shows but I am the Mother and I make the rules. I recorded Dragon Tales and Arthur today. She was angry with me about the shows I recorded but trying something new might help.

On another note. The weather is getting nicer here. Today was 55' and tomorrow will be 70'. I am convinced that we are not done with snow yet.

Until my next post....

1 comment:

CarrieMarie said...

kudos for standing up! you are the mom and YOU make the rules! and she'll thank you later for caring. : )

(idk if you needed encouragement in your decision or not, especially from a stranger, but wanted to give it just the same. too many parents now days seem to throw up their hands & say "what can i do?" rather than parenting their children.)
-Carrie