Saturday, January 17, 2009

What a memory...

I was having lunch with Lindsey and one of her friends today and horrible childhood memory came back to me. I was about 12 years old on a Youth Group field trip to 6 Flags "Great Adventure" in New Jersey.

As I said I was 12. I had taken a field trip with the church youth group and was paired with 2 friends, Alyson and Heather. (Which if I recall neither belonged to the youth group- they used me to go on the trip!) We exited a ride and my friends lost me. I spent the entire 6 hours we had of free time looking everywhere for my friends. The worst part is they had my money so I couldn't even have lunch or anything.

What a horrible day that was. I have to say that was close to being one of the worst days in my life. I remember meeting them later on the bus at the scheduled time and asking where they were and they said they looked for me for a little while then decided to go on the rides. To think I forgave those 2 so called friends! Now that I am 38 I am really pissed off that we did not have a meeting place for separation or emergencies.

Okay I just shared a horrible memory with you!

No comments: