Monday, January 19, 2009

Cold weather = Sick Kids!!

Okay I know part of living in Illinois is the cold winters but below zero is a bit much! Yesterday I had Emily at the ER to find out the kid is sicker then a dog and today I had Lindsey there for the same thing. Basically both girls were spiking fevers of over 102.7 and that scares me when it stays that high for over 24 hours. Motrin/ Tylenol were not helping so off to the ER I went. Emily was a trooper! She had blood drawn and when the nurse walked in with the vial I thought this is going to be bad. It was good. She cried but she did very good staying still. The rubber band they use was worse then the butterfly needle. She told the nurse she was choking her arm. Lindsey has an easier ER experience. No blood work. The doctor took one look at her and said it is a bad cold with a fever. I opted to not give her an antibiotic and see what happens in a day or so. Why give your child medication if they don't need it right away. Some parents run right to the medication. I want to see what happens with over the counter medicine first.

So tomorrow millions of children will be in school and mine will still be home with me. Hopefully Emily will be able to go back Wednesday. I know Lindsey is out till at least Thursday.

Tomorrow I am 2 weeks out of my surgery and I have to report I feel good. Still some pain from time to time but for the most part I feel really good. I am so happy when I can return back to work. I miss my 12 kids and I know they miss me too. Who else is a crazy pre-school teacher other then yours truly.

No comments: